Mumbai, India, September 19, 2019 – Linksys®, the connected home division within newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) entity, announces the launch of the Linksys MR8300 Max-Stream Tri-Band Mesh WiFi AC2200 Router in India.
The MR8300 is a high-performance router that delivers up to 2.2 Gbps of superior speed and is ideal for homes that require massive bandwidth for 4k entertainment and peak mobile gaming. The router is powered by a 716 MHz quad-core processor that improves overall network performance for faster wired, wireless, and WAN to LAN speeds.
In a Tolly benchmark test, the MR8300 performed at least 71% better than competition routers in a real-world congested environment consisting of six gaming cell phone clients and another 21 active (and idle) devices that were connected to the test routers. MR8300 achieved an average ping-time of 7.3ms against other competitor routers while heavily loaded with mobile gaming clients and background application traffic. For entertainment, MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology also work to ensure that high-performing devices – like smart TVs, laptops and phones – can connect to the Internet through faster and dedicated WiFi channels.
“The Linksys MR8300 (AC 2200 Tri Band Mesh) Gaming Router has been specially designed to cater to the rapidly growing online gaming industry, especially in India, where the gaming population is witnessing growth. We all are aware that poor network connectivity or constant buffering can highly impact a person’s gaming experience. Hence, our objective is to offer a product that not only provides efficient throughput but also wide coverage. Its easy app installation makes it the ideal product for a mobile gamer of any age,” said Kartik Bakshi, Country Manager, Linksys India.
“Asia Pacific accounts for an impressive 47% share of the global mobile gaming market and is set to generate over $72.2 billion by the end of 2019. With this number only set to grow yearly, Linksys is poised to deliver networking solutions that match consumer demands.” said Jenny Ng, General Manager for Asia. “The MR8300 is a hybrid router that combines high-performance features from our Max-Stream series with the Intelligent Mesh of the award-winning Linksys Velop Mesh WiFi System that has been well-received globally.”
Enjoying seamless roaming while mobile gaming over Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ Technology
The Linksys MR8300 router is built with Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ Technology, and users have the flexibility to grow the WiFi coverage in their homes by adding Velop™ nodes to the system.
– Self-Organise – The MR8300 and Velop™ nodes work together to cover any floor plan and WiFi footprint
– Self-Optimise – WiFi bands and channels adjust based on your WiFi habits
– Self-Healing – If a node loses power or connection to the system, the remaining nodes re-establish connections to each other and the internet
– One Network – Supports one network name and password, one admin login, one interface for management and monitoring, and one guest network for the whole home
– Seamless Roaming for whole home gaming – When you add one or more Velop™ nodes to the MR8300, they will communicate with each other to form a single, unified wireless network.
The MR8300 AC2200 Router features a robust set of advanced offerings:
Technical Specification Details
– Four external fixed antennas with high-power amplifiers
– WiFi AC2200 867 Gbps (2 – 5 GHz) + 400 Mbps (2.4 GHz)* with MU-MIMO
– 5 GHz radio – 867 Mbps*
– 2.4 GHz radio – 400 Mbps*
Processor & Memory
– 716 MHz Quad Core
-256 MB Flash and 512 MB SD RAM
WAN and LAN Connectivity
– 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports:
o 1x WAN
o 4x LAN
– WPA2/WPA-Mixed, WPA2-Personal
Wtfast Integration (Premium 6-month access)
– 6 months FREE wtfast membership
– wtfast eliminates lag by optimizing your game traffic through the world’s largest private gaming network
– Receive FREE unlimited access to the PC Game Launchpad which supports over 1000 online games
– Linksys Shield is a premium subscription software service for users to block unwanted content / categories and provide an additional layer of digital protection for your connected devices and family
Users have the ability to set detailed policies to ensure that their loved ones and children are safe in the digital world
– Linksys Shield firmware update will be rolled out to MR8300 in Q1 2020
Pricing & Availability
The MR8300 Max-Stream Tri-Band Mesh WiFi AC2200 Router is now available at the recommended retail price of INR 19,999/- via the Linksys national distributor RP Tech in India.
Customers can buy the router online via Amazon.in or offline via Linksys authorized channel partners.
To mark the launch, the MR8300 will be sold at a promotional price of INR 15,999/-.
High-res product images can be accessed at this link.
*Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, speed, range, and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including building materials and construction, volume of network traffic, mix of wireless products used, interference, and other adverse conditions. In order to achieve the best performance, this product must be used with compatible AC2200 wireless devices. The standard transmission rates—867 Mbps (for each 5 GHz radio), 400 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz)—are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower and may depend on the mix of wireless products used and external factors.
About Belkin International
In 2018, Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) merged with Belkin International (Belkin®, Linksys®, Wemo®, Phyn®) to create a global consumer electronics leader. Today, this group leads in connecting people with technologies at home, at work and on the go within the accessories (“Connected Things” – Belkin brand) and the smart home (“Connected Home” – Linksys, Wemo and Phyn brands) markets.
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn or watch us on YouTube.
© 2019 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.